Have you ever had one of those days?
Is that a silly question?
When was the last time you had one of those days?
Brian Dodd writes on Pastors.com on 10 lessons leaders can take from bad days. In a nutshell his 10 lessons are:
- Bad days are normal.
- Bad days remind you the task is not easy and never will be.
- Bad days remind us we are leaders.
- Bad days are why leadership is desperately needed.
- Bad days are times for personal development.
- Bad days eventually will come to an end.
- Bad days need to be compartmentalized.
- Bad days remind us about the importance of priorities.
- Bad days are neutralized with solitude.
- Bad days can be a gift.
Do you have other lessons from bad days? What would you add to this list?
I’d take a bit of an issue with #2 – the task will never be easy. Jesus said His yoke is easy and his burden is light. If we’re not experiencing that, are we under a different yoke and burden than what He would have us bear?
I don’t believe in everything being rainbows and unicorns. I know Jesus said, “In this world you will have trouble…” I just think more pastors should take a negativity fast.
What do you think? Tell me in the comments.