In my ongoing posting about Angels, I think it’s time we look at Scripture to see what they actually do. We can all have pre-conceived ideas about fat-little babies with small wings playing harps and sitting on clouds. That’s probably the most common and worst description of angels.
Here are 18 things we see Angels do in Scripture
- Angels bring answers to prayers. (Daniel 9:21-28)
- Angels minister to the saints. (Hebrews 1:14)
- Angels worship God. (Revelation 5:11, Psalm 148:2)
- Angels carry out God’s orders. (Psalm 103:20)
- Angels wage war. (Revelation 12:7-9; Daniel 10:12-13)
- Angels watch over children. (Matthew 18:10)
- Angels strengthen people during trials. (Matthew 4:11)
- They can lead sinners to followers of Christ. (Acts 10:3)
- They can direct preachers. (Acts 8:26)
- They can appear in dreams. (Matthew 1:20-24)
- They minister before God. (Revelation 8:2; 14:15-19)
- They can protect people from harm. (Psalm 91:11; Acts 12:7-10)
- They guard the Abyss. (Revelations 9:1; 20:1-3)
- They watch over the interests of churches. (Revelation 2 and 3)
- They affect the affairs of nations. (Daniel 10:12-13)
- Angels do extraordinary acts. (Acts 7:53; 12:6-7; Galatians 3:9; Hebrews 2:22)
- They bring people special messages. (Luke 1)
- Angels punish God’s enemies. (Acts 12:23; 2 Samuel 24:16)
I’d love to see this list grow. It started with research in Patricia King’s Spiritual Revolution: Experience the Supernatural in Your Life Through Angelic Visitations, Prophetic Dreams, and Miracles I just got a copy of what she prophesied over Karen and I – and it’s still wrecking me in such an amazing way. Maybe I’ll post it sometime.
Are there any other truths from Scripture you’d like to add? Leave your comments and let me know.