There is a lot of misinformation about angels in our culture today. Some of it is partly true. Other things are completely against scripture.
We need to see what the Scripture says about angels, so here is what I see about angels in the Bible.
Here are 20 Characteristics of Angels I See in Scripture.
2. Angels are patient. (2 Samuel 14:20)
3. They are meek. (Numbers 11:22-35)
4. They can be joyful. (Mark 8:38)
5. Angels are modest. (Mark 8:38)
6. They are holy. (Mark 8:38)
7. They are glorious. (Mark 8:38)
8. Angels are immortal. (2 Thessalonians 1:7-10)
11. Angels have wills. (Judges 13:6)
14. Angels don’t seem to need rest. (Numbers 22:35)
17. Angels can operate in our physical realm. (Genesis 28:12, 24)
20. Angels can speak languages. (1 Corinthians 13:1)
I’m trying very hard to remove the mystical from the invisible. Angels aren’t the cherubs on clouds that sit and play harps. They are amazing created beings who will encourage us, obey God’s commands and do God’s will on our behalf.
It is possible to see angels and even entertain them without knowing…or without knowing at least at first. When we see what angels are doing, we can know what God wants to do.
I’d love to know you’re thoughts about angels. Start a discussion by leaving your comment.