In this world we have bodies… In heaven we will have resurrected bodies
Facts of our Resurrected Bodies
- It will be a recognizable body. 1 Cor. 13:2
- It will be a body like Christ’s body. 1 John 3:2
- It will be a body that will permit eating. Luke 24:41–43; John 21:12–13
- It will be a body in which the spirit predominates. 1 Cor. 15:44, 49
- It will be a body unlimited by time, gravity, or space. Luke 24:31; John 20:19, 26
- It will be an eternal body. 2 Cor. 5:1
- It will be a glorious body. Rom. 8:18; 1 Cor. 15:43
In this world we have houses and cities….In heaven we have homes and the new Jerusalem
Heaven is a city whose builder and maker is God. A city by definition consists of residences. People live together. No isolation.
For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
City will have walls, gates, streets. Three gates on each side, 12 gates total. Access from all over new earth.
The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of pure gold, like transparent glass.
No down payment, closing costs, mortgage payments, property tax, utility bills.
In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.
And if you think you’d never like the city, it’s because you’re thinking of earthly cities, with litter and dirt and crime. The heavenly city will have all the freshness and vitality and openness of the country with all the vibrancy and interdependence and relationships of a city. And there will be no racial divisions between people.