My plan was to shoot a video greeting for you all to say, “Merry Christmas” and let you know I’m praying God’s best for you this holiday season. But my daughter has a few of her friends over to enjoy the time off school and I’m fairly certain shooting and editing a video anywhere near here today is not the best idea. My next thought was to create an amazing “Merry Christmas” image… you know what, I can’t come up with a reason not to whip one up…
But I’m a writer and that’s what we do, so let me write something for you to consider.
Every time we have the chance to celebrate, we have a choice to make – will I focus on the good or will I focus on the lack?
Christmas has a lot of emotions. It could be the first Christmas without a loved one whose past on, or the first one without a spouse who has left, or sensitive one because families have plans that we can’t fit to work with our own.
I started singing along with this song as I travelled home from visiting a friend in the hospital this morning. It’s from Relient K I Hate Christmas Parties
I looked under the tree.
But there’s was nothing to see.
Cause it’s a broken heart, that you’re giving me.
It can be helpful to lament a bit during Christmas – that’s actually what part of Advent is for. But I want to encourage all of us to celebrate the season by focusing on what is good and right and noble and kind. (And the best way to do that is to avoid shopping the weekend before Christmas, but that’s another story)
Have a great Christmas! I am praying for all of you. I’m a pastor, I help heal souls through conversation and prayer. Let me know how I can pray for you.
Can I pray for you?
Lord, thank you for Christmas. help us all to not only lament if we need to, but celebrate the season and the reason you came. Help us be in awe of the fact you became man, that you took on flesh and camped out for a while. Help us to comfort others who need your comfort and be refreshed as we refresh others. In Christ’s name and for His sake. Amen.
New on RevTrev.com
There has been a lot of new articles on RevTrev.com, why not check out the ones that catch your interest? If you’re looking for great and easy content to share across your social networks, there are a lot of tweets and images included.
- Why Do Saved Sinners Have To Confess If All Their Sins Are Already Forgiven By God? This is a guest blog post. Check it out and share it with others.
- Christmas According to the Gospel Writers – This is a reposted series that helps you understand the meaningful differences in the Christmas accounts. The series concludes the day before the night before Christmas.
- Christmas According to Matthew – Find out again what makes Matthew’s story so amazing.
- Christmas According to Mark – Does Mark talk about Christmas? No. But that’s what makes it important.
- What do you do when you face the impossible? – All of us are going to face the impossible in life. Find out something powerful you can do when it happens.
- Why should you consider a prayer partner? – All of us can probably imagine a prayer partner who has our back could be amazing. Find out how you can find one.
- 7 tips to help you work “as unto the Lord” – Choosing how you approach all that you do will change not only you, but the atmosphere around you. Here are 7 tips I’ve come up with, in video form.
- How smaller church pastors can send newsletters for free – I’m helping smaller church pastors to use technology without being controlled by it. Here’s video training with links to free resources.
Have a great Christmas! I plan to send another newsletter before New Years. I have some exciting plans I want to let you in on…