These may not be all the verses for doing business… but they are ones we need to meditate on, study in context and pray about implementing in our lives…
- Leviticus 19:13 You shall not oppress your neighbor, nor rob him. The wages of a hired man are not to remain with you all night until morning.
- Deuteronomy 25:13-15 You shall not have in your bag differing weights, a large and a small. You shall not have in your house differing measures, a large and a small. You shall have a full and just weight; you shall have a full and just measure, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you.
- Job 31:13-14 “If I have despised the claim of my male or female slaves when they filed a complaint against me, what then could I do when God arises? And when He calls me to account, what will I answer Him?”
- Psalm 112:5 It is well with the man who deals generously and lends, who conducts his affairs with justice.
- Proverbs 10:4 Poor is he who works with a negligent hand, but the hand of the diligent makes rich.
- Proverbs 11:1 A false balance is an abomination to the LORD, but a just weight is His delight.
- Proverbs 13:4 The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the soul of the diligent is made fat.
- Proverbs 13:11 Wealth obtained by fraud dwindles, but the one who gathers by labor increases it.
- Proverbs 16:8 Better is a little with righteousness than great income with injustice.
- Proverbs 22:16 He who oppresses the poor to make more for himself or who gives to the rich, will only come to poverty.
- Jeremiah 22:13 Woe to him who builds his house without righteousness and his upper rooms without justice, who uses his neighbor’s services without pay and does not give him his wages.
- Malachi 3:5 Then I will draw near to you for judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers and against the adulterers and against those who swear falsely, and against those who oppress the wage earner in his wages, the widow and the orphan, and those who turn aside the alien and do not fear Me, says the LORD of hosts.
- Luke 16:10 He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much.
- Ephesians 6:9 And masters, do the same things to them, and give up threatening, knowing that both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no partiality with Him.
- Colossians 4:1 Masters, grant to your slaves justice and fairness, knowing that you too have a Master in heaven.
- 1 Timothy 5:18 For the Scripture says, “Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain,” and “The worker deserves his wages.”
- James 5:4 Look! The wages you failed to pay the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty.
Can you add any more? Do it in the comments. Thank you.