- Are you experiencing His blessing in your work? Don’t think I’m asking you “Is it easy?” Do you feel His pleasure on you as you do what you do as “unto the Lord?”
- Are you passionate doing in your work? There’s going to be seasons when it’s more difficult. But knowing God has called you to a job helps you stick through those hard times.
- Are you allowing your security to be stored up in lies? We can make the mistake of thinking our security is in a paycheck or benefits or retirement fund. Your security needs to be in the One who gives you the ability to produce wealth.
“LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance” (Ps 16:5-6)
When we are in the vocation God called us to doing the work He has gifted us for our boundary lines fall for us in pleasant places.
David wasn’t done fighting battles when he wrote that psalm. Please don’t think I’m saying, “all your troubles will be over”. What I’m trying to say is “get in the zone”. When we’re “in the zone”:
- decisions are effortless.
- wisdom is available.
- blessing seem to overtake.
If you’ve never experienced that, are you receiving your living through the way God’s commanded?
I love how Paul phrased that and the translators translated it, “receive their living”.
Can we stop thinking we earn our living? It’s not Biblical. We receive our living through the way God’s commanded.
Do you have questions I can help you answer? Leave them in the comments.
Other posts in this series…
An Introduction to Blessing Boundaries
Blessing Boundaries Can Be for a Biblical Command
Blessing Boundaries Are On The Good God Has For Us
The Key For Getting the Good God Has For us
Blessing Boundaries Can Be for a Prophetic Command
Blessing Boundaries Can Be for a Geographical Location
Blessing Boundaries Can Be for a Vocation
Blessing Boundaries Can Be for a Season
Blessing Boundaries Cannot Be Imposed
Blessing Boundaries Can Increase