These may not beall the verses on debt… but they are ones we need to meditate on, study in context and pray about implementing in our lives…
- Exodus 22:14 If a man borrows anything from his neighbor, and it is injured or dies while its owner is not with it, he shall make full restitution.
- Deuteronomy 15:6 For the Lord your God will bless you as He has promised you, and you will lend to many nations, but you will not borrow; and you will rule over many nations, but they will not rule over you.
- Deuteronomy 28:12 The Lord will open for you His good storehouse, the heavens, to give rain to your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hand; and you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow.
- 2 Kings 4:7 Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, “Go, sell the oil and pay your debt, and you and your sons can live on the rest.”
- Psalm 37:21 The wicked borrows and does not pay back, but the righteous is gracious and gives.
- Proverbs 22:7 The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower becomes the lender’s slave.
- Proverbs 22:26-27 Do not be a man who strikes hands in pledge or puts up security for debts; if you lack the means to pay, your very bed will be snatched from under you.
- Ecclesiastes 5:5 It is better that you should not vow than that you should vow and not pay.
- Romans 13:8 Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.
Can you add any more? Do it in the comments. Thank you.