Welcome to all the new RevTrev Readers on the Negativity Fast, Twitter Tips, Newsletter, Ministry Coaching and Counselling Corner… and thanks to all the existing ones who encourage me more than words can say.
10 Things God Can’t Do
Most of you are reading this thinking, “Nothing is impossible with God.” And you’re right. This is more of a clever play on words than a theological treatise. I suppose it would be more fun if I turned this into “Chuck Norris” type list. My favorite Chuck Norris accolade – that I tell my kids is true about me – is “Superman and me once had a fight. The loser had to wear his underwear on the outside.”
Of course God is even bigger than Chuck Norris, so let’s just stick with this theologically secure list of what the Bible says God can’t do.
- God can’t get tired. Isaiah 40:28
- God can’t find something he can’t handle. Jeremiah 32:17
- God can’t be unholy. Isaiah 6:3
- God can’t lie. Titus 1:2
- God can’t break a promise. Psalm 89:34
- God can’t remember sins he’s chosen to forgive. Isaiah 43:25
- God can’t make a loser. 2 Corinthians 2:14
- God can’t abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:6
- God can’t stop thinking about you. Psalm 139:17-18
- God can’t stop loving you. Jeremiah 31:3
I hope that encourages you today.
Mind If I Pray For You?
Lord help us all to know you more. Help us all to know you better. Help us all to hear your voice. Help us all to trust your leading. Help us all to know You’re good. Help us all to read Your word…and trust Your word…and be cleansed by Your word….Thanks Father.
A Quick Question
I think I mentioned this to the newsletter before, but I keep going back and forth on it…I have about 47 emails with questions I really want to answer. I’m thinking of doing it with podcasts. I also have interviews and reviews and messages I can share in podcasts. Here are my options…
- My first option is to just have one podcast and one week have an interview, another week have a message, another time have a review, another time have a question and answer. But as I said, I have 47 emails – many of whom have multiple questions. If I answer 5 an episode that alone could take 10 episodes or more. Even if I were to post everyday (I think I have enough material to post 5x a week for 6 months), I think it would be confusing for people.
- I can set up 4 different podcasts (plus of course Book Shepherd Radio http://ibookshepherd.com/category/podcast/ ) so people can choose what they want to listen to. It will keep the podcasts shorter, which is great for people with a short attention span like me. It also makes it faster to produce and smaller to host which saves me both time and money. Also having four extra posts a week just brings my site that much more traffic from social media syndication. But, multiplication brings its own challenges. There is four times the promotion and four times the production.
- As I’ve been writing this out I’ve been thinking this through and I’ve come up with another option. I can produce a show with segments. Most of my interviews are 10 minutes long. Most of my reviews are about 4 – 7 minutes. The messages are broken up into 10 minutes…that could leave me with about 30 minutes to answer questions…I’d have to carefully plan things but it might be do-able.
So I guess my quick question become a long one to ask….What do you think of an hour long weekly RevTrev Radio show? Tell me in the comments.
On Last Thing
There’s one more question I’ve been meaning to ask you… with all the question I get I’m thinking about offering coaching/counselling/mentoring services. Would you be interested in finding out more? Let me know.
Thanks…have an amazing week!