10 Things God Can’t Do
Most of you are reading this thinking, “Nothing is impossible with God.” And you’re right. This is more of a clever play on words than a theological treatise. I suppose it would be more fun if I turned this into “Chuck Norris” type list. My favorite Chuck Norris accolade – that I tell my kids is true about me – is “Superman and me once had a fight. The loser had to wear his underwear on the outside.”
Of course God is even bigger than Chuck Norris, so let’s just stick with this theologically secure list of what the Bible says God can’t do.
- God can’t get tired. Isaiah 40:28
- God can’t find something he can’t handle. Jeremiah 32:17
- God can’t be unholy. Isaiah 6:3
- God can’t lie. Titus 1:2
- God can’t break a promise. Psalm 89:34
- God can’t remember sins he’s chosen to forgive. Isaiah 43:25
- God can’t make a loser. 2 Corinthians 2:14
- God can’t abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:6
- God can’t stop thinking about you. Psalm 139:17-18
- God can’t stop loving you. Jeremiah 31:3
I hope that encourages you today.
Mind If I Pray For You?
Lord help us all to know you more. Help us all to know you better. Help us all to hear your voice. Help us all to trust your leading. Help us all to know You’re good. Help us all to read Your word…and trust Your word…and be cleansed by Your word….Thanks Father.