Ten Things The Devil Can’t Do
Last week I wrote about the Ten Things God Can’t Do so today I thought we’d look at ten things the devil can’t do.
- The devil can’t keep you fearful. Psalm 27:1
- The devil can’t keep you depressed. Psalm 42:11
- The devil can’t keep you down. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
- The devil can’t be in charge. Psalm 22:28
- The devil can’t demand your obedience. Romans 6:16
- The devil can’t touch the source of your life. Colossians 3:3
- The devil can’t be your friend. 2 Corinthians 6:14
- The devil can’t fool you when you know the Shepherd’s voice. John 10:5
- The devil can’t have authority over you. Luke 10:19
- The devil can’t win. 1 Corinthians 15:57
My favorite description of the devil comes from my mentor and uncle. He told me, “The devil is like a pebble in your shoe. There’s a bit of discomfort there. If you ignore the discomfort it could make it difficult for you to walk. If you still ignore it, you could get an infection. If you still ignore it, there is a slight chance it could kill you. BUT IT’S A PEBBLE! Stop and take it out of your shoe.”
I run into too many people blaming the devil for all their problems. For the vast majority of people who come to us for deliverance ministry, we spend more time teaching them on personal responsibility than we do taking authority over demons.
You’re on the winning side. Start acting like it!
Mind If I Pray For You?
Lord, no weapon formed against us shall prosper. All those who rise up against us will fall. Keep us from fear and help us to continue to expand your Kingdom. Thanks for letting us on your side. Amen.